From: judith richards <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Date: Tuesday, November 03, 1998 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: Electrical Brain Stimulation

Andy Blatz wrote:
>I checked and found that all three stimulator implant procedures are
approved for use in Canada:  thalamic, pallidal and STN.<
AND
> A neurosurgeon from Canada responded to the question about deep
brain
> stimulator approval as follows: Things work a little differently in
Canada than in the USA.<

Thanks Andy and Peter, who posted earlier. Sometimes I feel the
smaller
countries like Canada and Australia are forgotten when the worldwide
picture is discussed. :(

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^