Dear Parkinsonians, I read this article "Good News On Parkinson's on the
Time Magazine datedOct. 26 1998, and I quote, " Scientists report a
promising new treatment for Parkinson's disease.  A study of advanced and
even bedridden cases shows that electrically stimulating the brain with
implanted electrodes reduces symtoms drammatically.  Indeed. most patients
who underwet the proceedurewere well enough to perform everday tasks again -
even while cutting back on their medication."  My question is, does any one
know where this treatment is given?  And, has any one of you taken this
treatment?
Suraiya.