In a message dated 11/4/98 3:41:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Hi Ally,
      My is Janice I have PD I was diagnosed last year in Aug. on my 50
 birthday. I have two sons 27 and 25 and a daughter 19. I am sorry to hear
 about your dad. I think it is great that you are willing to learn about PD
 and help your father. How old is your father? What meds is he on? You will
 like this list for it is very helpful.  Hang in there Janice >>

Thanks, Janice. My dad's (age 67) not on meds yet. He sees his neurologist
soon. He went to a doctor recommended for what his first physician called
depression. The new doctor said he didn't think it was depression, because my
father smiled and laughed. Over the year, he stopped smiling. It wasn't that
he didn't want to, or he wasn't happy, but it just seemed that he couldn't. I
wonder now if he will ever be able to again. I've missed it. Anyway, he became
more "stone-faced" and ...etc.etc. So, here we are, a year later and he went
back for his physical.  My brother went with him, suspicious it was PD and the
doctor confirmed it. He goes to see the neurologist soon. Hopefully the meds
will help, but he's not very tolerant of medications. He gets sick easy. Also,
he doesn't have the tremors...and through the little I've read, I thought that
was fairly most common. Does that come on later?

Sorry to ramble, but I have so many questions, so many concerns...

I'm very glad I found this group!

Thanks.
ALI