Dear Marling & all: You know that it's weird-I've been diagnosed with PD
for over 8 years & sure that something was wrong for over  10 & in my
head, I know that I have PD-it's a fact of my life, but now it gets
crazy: Sometimes when I'm hurtling thru space, my balance gone and the
sidewalk looking like it's gonna be my landing pad-I think ...no I
actually expect my body to suddenly right itself and
hear a voice say "Gotcha!" When this doesn't happen and I'm smashed into
a wall (or whatever), I am momentarily dismayed that my little scenario
didn't come to pass & then BFO (blinding flash of the obvious), it
occurs to me that I'm loosing it! PD just doesn't fit in with the mental
picture I have of myself and every so often I need a reality check to
make sure that I'm firmly planted in the here & now! It's kinda like
being 47-I'm still supposed to be 27! I still think, talk and act like
I'm 27 but unfortunately, a long hard look in the mirror, hearing myself
say stuff that I cannot believe comes out of my mouth, & my kids
dressing up in my vintage jewelry & scarves & belts for Halloween bring
me crashing down to reality. How can we ever get comfortable with this
aging stuff & then with PD & then with all the other stuff? Maybe
someday I'll grow up and not have these weird delusions about my age, my
looks & my condition...maybe not!!

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL