Dear friends,

Due to insufficient funds for state-paid caregivers, and also to my
social security income being limited and fixed, I am without both an
overnight and a Sunday daytime caregiver for the first time in three
years.

Maine only allows $6.25 / hour.  I am advertising for a full-time,
live-in caretaker, in order to function without anxiety.  The cold
weather has begun. I quickly lose heat and become painfully stiffened up
whenever any dose is wearing off..

So, for the moment, I am in distress, and spending very trying nights
alone with my pet cat, Winnie.  Until the situation is resolved, I will
have very little time to spare.  I have appealed to the network of
APDA-sponsored support groups in Maine, and my dilemma has reached the
APDA in New York for consideration.

My house is specially adapted and built for the needs of Parkinson's
people, so I dare not go elsewhere--and really do not have any options
that make better sense. People who talk to me about nursing homes and
"assisted living" are not seeing my house as a better option--oh, well!

Thanks for listening,

Ivan
^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12/9.5         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses   34    deg. F