--------------54963D4640741811F72B5CDC

Hi everybody,

After all these months I am a little sheepish about coming back.  I look
at my list mailbox and find over 5000 postings-  and  that is after
several purges of letters.  Needless to say most of it will be purged
and I will try  to start with an empty box.  I have had a little contact
with several list members but I have been much more to myself over the
past 6 months or so.  I did get some nice notes from several of you and
some nice postings on the list wondering where I was were forwarded to
me.  Finally I guess it is time to try to get back to my friends here
and rejoin the land of the living.

Recently Bernie Barber had forwarded a note from Anne Rutherford.  Anne
was-  I think the first person who responded to my first posting and
I've always remembered and appreciated her for her welcome (as well as
of course Barb's official welcome).

It has been a long time since I participated in the list-  probably
about 6 months or so and I really don't have any good excuses.
Initially I was having problems with dystonia which made it hard to sit
at the computer.  But, I think the major factor was that old lack of
motivation to do almost anything.  My letters to virtually all friends
both from the list and others dropped off to a trickle.  I'm not frankly
depressed just un-motivated. Dystonia has been somewhat of a problem and
my arms would freeze making it hard to get around in my wheelchair. I
just got a power wheelchair and that has helped my energy level
somewhat.

For those who don't know me,  and over 6 mos I suspect that there are
many, I have been a member of the list since about the spring of 1995.
I am a psychiatrist who retorted due to disability from my PD about 1
1/2 years ago.  I am 53 and was diagnosed with PD at age 44.  I am
married, and have 3 children.  The youngest, Josh ,  is 20 and is a
sophomore in college,   Eli 23 is finishing his Aeronautical Engineering
degree in Dec at RPI in Troy NY, and my daughter Becky 26 lives here in
Madison with her husband Shawn. THEY RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT WE WILL
BECOME GRANDPARENTS IN APRIL OR MAY. My wife Ellen teaches art history
on the college level  part time.  She has hung in there with me for 29
years an deserve at least a medal-  especially for the past 9 years .

 I have participated in several studies through Rush-Presbyterian in
Chicago where I  get my PD care.  I was in an Entacapone study   and
later was a subject in the double blind fetal transplant study through
Mt Sinai-Rush-Univ South Florida.

Currently my major problems are,  that I am unable to walk -which is do
to the residuals of the polio I had as a kid-  compounded by my
deteriorating PD situation. This leaves me pretty much dependent on
others to get out of the house since I have had to pretty much give up
driving.. I also have a fair amount of dystonia especially at night and
also, it effects my ability to sit at the computer and type.

Well,  for better or worse   I am back.  I don't know how active I'll be
but I'll try  and certainly be available to answer any questions that I
can that are directed to me.

HI again.  Its' good to be back.

Charles T, Meyer, MD
Middleton, Wisconsin

--------------54963D4640741811F72B5CDC

Hi everybody,
I look at my list mailbox and find over 5000 postings-&nbsp; and&nbsp;
that is after several purges of letters.&nbsp; Needless to say most of
it will be purged and I will try&nbsp; to start with an empty box.&nbsp;
I have had a little contact with several list members but I have been much
more to myself over the past 6 months or so.&nbsp; I did get some nice
notes from several of you and some nice postings on the list wondering
where I was were forwarded to me.&nbsp; Finally I guess it is time to try
to get back to my friends here and rejoin the land of the living.
Anne was-&nbsp; I think the first person who responded to my first posting
and I've always remembered and appreciated her for her welcome (as well
as of course Barb's official welcome).
about 6 months or so and I really don't have any good excuses.&nbsp; Initially
I was having problems with dystonia which made it hard to sit at the computer.&nbsp;
But, I think the major factor was that old lack of motivation to do almost
anything.&nbsp; My letters to virtually all friends both from the list
and others dropped off to a trickle.&nbsp; I'm not frankly depressed just
un-motivated. Dystonia has been somewhat of a problem and my arms would
freeze making it hard to get around in my wheelchair. I just got a power
wheelchair and that has helped my energy level somewhat.
are many, I have been a member of the list since about the spring of 1995.&nbsp;
I am a psychiatrist who retorted due to disability from my PD about 1 1/2
years ago.&nbsp; I am 53 and was diagnosed with PD at age 44.&nbsp; I am
married, and have 3 children.&nbsp; The youngest, Josh ,&nbsp; is 20 and
is a sophomore in college,&nbsp;&nbsp; Eli 23 is finishing his Aeronautical
Engineering degree in Dec at RPI in Troy NY, and my daughter Becky 26 lives
here in Madison with her husband Shawn. THEY RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT WE
WILL BECOME GRANDPARENTS IN APRIL OR MAY. My wife Ellen teaches art history
on the college level&nbsp; part time.&nbsp; She has hung in there with
me for 29 years an deserve at least a medal-&nbsp; especially for the past
9 years .
in Chicago where I&nbsp; get my PD care.&nbsp; I was in an Entacapone study&nbsp;&nbsp;
and later was a subject in the double blind fetal transplant study through
Mt Sinai-Rush-Univ South Florida.
is do to the residuals of the polio I had as a kid-&nbsp; compounded by
my deteriorating PD situation. This leaves me pretty much dependent on
others to get out of the house since I have had to pretty much give up
driving.. I also have a fair amount of dystonia especially at night and
also, it effects my ability to sit at the computer and type.
know how active <i>I</i>'ll be but I'll try&nbsp; and certainly be available