Hi,

I was talking to our family Doctor last night about my mom.

She says her tremor is worse and she is concerned about my mother's memory.
She thinks that my mom may have either dementia or may have been having
tiny strokes along the way. She also mentioned that mom was having trouble
with her bladder and she is wetting the bed at night. Mom is having great
difficultly using her hands ( arthritis/Parkinson's and has a hard time
using the call button to call the nurses. She is terribly constipated and
her lower back is causing her pain. She not able to walk on her own and is
very very weak. She needs help to be fed. I don't think my mom will be
coming home. The way she is right now I could never look after her. Plus
her memory seems to be deteriorating faster....I talked to our Doctor about
taking mom to the movement disorder clinic but I feel that mom has gone
down so much and is too frail and she feels that in the end that it
wouldn't hold much hope and also mom has not had very little success with
many of the parkinson's drugs. Even Requip didn't help.

I am going in to see mom today. My cold is better ( it's not gone ) but I
really want to see how mom is doing. I wish there was something I could do,
besides tell my mom I love her and watch her deteriorate... I think she
will have to go into a nursing home and in the past we had discussed this
and she in no uncertain terms to me that she did not ever want to go in
one. With me being in a wheelchair and being not very strong physically
there is no way I can look after her.

Take care

Bye for now

Susan