I have had this surgery. March 1996, at the Oregon Health Science
University at Portland, Oregon, I was in a  research study.  I don't know
if it has been opened up to the public there yet.  It is very expensive and
insurance companies are reluctant to pay for it.

I have had PD for 20 years and my symptoms are all but gone on the left side
 and about 80% improvement on the right. My symptoms were mainly tremor.
I no longer take any sinemet and only take  1/2 mg Mirapex twice a day

 I have a web page telling my story if you would like to read it.

I would be happy to Answer any further questions on or off the list.
 My question is, does any one