Camilla Flintermann wrote:
> Re: extreme sleepiness in the A.M. which Peter now has-- "try caffeine
> --coffee tea or Mountain Dew, the soft drink which is loaded with caffeine!
> Or even (joking??) a nicotine patch!

I am currently recommending tea -- black or green, decaf, hot or iced --
to my clients who want a caffeinated drink. Current research seems to
point to beneficial effects from the flavonoids in tea. One researcher
even goes so far as to compare a cup of tea to a serving of vegetables
in terms of flavonoids, though I must point out that vegetables have
fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which tea does not.

Best regards,
Kathrynne
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD