Jane Ross-- that's wonderful that your symptoms have been so much decreased
by the surgery.  I think I'm correct that this and most of the brain
interventions now available are mainly heloful for PQPs who have tremor, as
you say was your case.  While I rejoice with you, I can't help wishing that
there were
equally good interventions for the other main symptoms, rigidity and
bradykinesia, for those who, like Peter ,have  no tremor ----does anyone
know if such exist yet?

I have had this surgery. March 1996, at the Oregon Health Science
>University at Portland, Oregon, I was in a  research study.  I don't know
>if it has been opened up to the public there yet.  It is very expensive and
>insurance companies are reluctant to pay for it.
>
>I have had PD for 20 years and my symptoms are all but gone on the left side
> and about 80% improvement on the right. My symptoms were mainly tremor.
>I no longer take any sinemet and only take  1/2 mg Mirapex twice a day

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *     Ask  me about the  "CARE " list    *
           *     for caregivers of Parkinsonians   *