Bill Harrington wrote:

> I just came cross a phrase  that caught my attn. Adjustable, revrsable
> PAllidotomy. Qui dit ca? I'd like to hear about that. Also anyone elseout
> there being turned down for a second pallidotomy.?

                Hello Bill: I had one of these and was among the first 5 to receive
DBS surgery at the KU medical Center in Kansas City, KS. It is very
close to being a pallidotomy by electric current. and the four
elctrodes  attached to the end of the wire are individually ajustable
for amplitude and frequecy. It took 3-4 tries to get it just right, but
have needed no further adjusting after almost 3 years. It has
practically eliminated dyskinesia for me and  helps
me get through the night with only rare assistance from my wife in the
bedroom next door.I can turn it off and on at will using a magnet. I
usually keep it on all night and all day too. If deemed necessary the
whole thing could be withdrawn.

                Bill Olson, 68, dx 1983, 1980