A few days ago Bill Olson Wrote:

>        Hi Craig: Your request for info about a Hurrycane, may be in reference
>to the walking sticks our support group has publicized and sells very
>reasonably for a service to the community and helps raise funds for
>research.
>For more infformation on both of our projects  see the  web page for
>NEKPA (Northeast Kansas Parkinson Association)The URL is :
>        http://www.cjnetworks.com/~nekpa

 I heartily reccommend the Parkie Walking Stick. I have one, had it for about 4 years.
It's a good length, about 4' 4", long ehough to encourage the user to stand upright unlike
a cane which fosters a bent over or stooped posture. They are  all unique in shape and
have a beautiful wood grain. Whenever I use mine I get a lot of comments about it. It's a
good ice breaker for getting strangers into a conversation about Parkinson's.
I have another walking stick that I made out of a fiberglass Cross-Country ski pole.
I removed the plastic "basket". I cut a  3 inch length of stiff rubber hose, about 3/4 inch
in diameter and press the hose on over the pointed steel tip of the ski pole leaving the
hose extending about 1/2 inch beyond the point. only thee end of the hose strikes the floor.
For snowy or icy weather I slide the hose off and have the steel tip exposed to keep from
slipping. Ski Poles are strong, light weight and com in vaious lengths.

Ben