My father is 57 and was diagnosed with PD about 10 years ago.  I
would have been only 11 when he first found out, I am now 21.  It took him
about 5
years before he told me about PD and what it was actually about.  Ever
since then he has been pretty quite about his condition.  I am away at
university right now and find it very hard to communicate with my fater
about his PD.  When I try to inquire about how he is feeling or how his
visits with his nuero are he seems to give very quick short responses.
Over the last couple of weeks I noticed that there were postings about
sore necks and shoulders.  I decided to foreward some of the ideas along
to my father...feeling that it would be benifical.  He then wrote me back
stating that he did not want me to be worrying about his PD and that I had
more important things in life to worry about....needless to say I broke
down in tears.  I want to be there for my dad but he just seems to push me
away....what to do?
Does anyone else get the same sort of responses...is this common with PD.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could communicate with my father
and learn a little more please let me know.
Thank you

Don Wilkie