In a message dated 11/9/98 5:10:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< When I try to inquire about how he is feeling or how his
 visits with his nuero are he seems to give very quick short responses. >>

WOW! Does this sound familiar! My father was just diagnosed recently. My
brother told my family. Had he not, I doubt my parents would have. I can
EASILY relate to how frustrated you are. When I offered to give my mother some
information about PD, so that she could learn more about it, she sort of
shrugged off the idea. My father still hasn't said word one -- even when I ask
him about it. It's not that he's in denial. He just doesn't want to worry
anyone...bother anyone...OH DON"T YOU  JUST HATE THAT! As if I won't worry
more if I don't have some communication!

I don't know how you can relate to your dad. I wish I did. But, I promise you
that if I find a way to get through to my own father...I'll let you in on the
secret. In the meantime, I'm going to forcefeed them information (by dropping
it off at the house and putting it on their lap), I'm going to start going
down there and walking with him, and I'm going to ask until I get some reply!

Happy to vent along with you!
ALI