Well- I am sure that you will have more expert answers.  My father (73)
was diagnosed when he was 69.  I send all of this PD info to them via
email/snail mail etc.  SInce my folks lice in India I call them every
weekend- I spend a long time talking to my Mom, we talk about my
Dad, his PD, and everything else.  Dad just listens on the extension.

Dad used to love to talk- but all of that stopped with the PD.  These
days he does not even want to listen sometimes.  I guess it takes too
much effort (he seems to be 'on' early morning and then goes 'off' from
mis morning to early evening.)

When he talks, it is mostly a couple of sentences- how are you/how
are the kids/how is k(my husband)?  Same stuff every time.  Then
on his good days he says 'I have no PD, no nothing'.  It does
bother me at times, but I think it is not him that does not want to
talk etc. it is the PD.

I think for a lot of parents, the reversal of roles- of having their
kids tell them stuff, esp. stuff they've never heard of etc. is
hard.  Keep at it- I am sure your Dad is telling other people how
much he appreciates your concern.  Even if he does not, I am sure
he does.

There is no simple answer to 'how are you'... and to this day, my father
has never once said- 'I am sick/I can't do this anymore, etc'.  My
father got on new meds because of my learning new stuff- so it has
helped.

take care
abi (Dad, 73, 4)