Mike Kramer wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what is the best way to help someone who has frozen
>in public?  The question came up at the the last support meeting.  One
>of the non-PD members was behind a man who froze as he entered a store.
>She tried to help but didn't know how.

Mike:

If the freeze occurs in a doorway, as seems to be the case in this instance,
and if the PWP's arms are unfrozen, it is sometimes possible to take hold of
the doorframe and literally drag oneself through to the open spaces beyond
the door.  Failing that all the usual stimuli - lines on the floor,
counting, etc are worth trying.  I am told that gently rocking the frozen
person will also work but I think this needs to be used with caution.  If
someone rocked me during a freeze it would make me feel very precarious and
would probably unfreeze the sharp edge of my tongue long before it did
anything for my feet.

Dennis
Dennis Greene 49/onset 32 /dx 37

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to be a perfect tile upon the housetop."

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/