Bruce Anderson said in part:
> Much more trivial, but still a positive aspect of the Parade article, a
> number of friends around the country have sent me their copies.  I think
it
> makes them feel like they are helping me and helps me to stay connected
with
> them. Which ain't always easy.  I'd bet some of you have gotten the
article
> mailed to you too.

Just talked w/my best friend since Kindergarten who lives in Texas.  She
mentioned the Parade article which she has saved and asked would I like her
to send it to me?  I said, keep it and give it to any of our mutual friends
who might ask about me and when told of my pd want an explanation of the
disease.  I'd told her about my recent rx/med change and the drug was
explained in that article somewhat.

Bruce, I'd agree that it is positive when caring friends notice and want
you to know about news they have read about progress in treatments for
Parkinson's.  I've been amazed at the number of people who have expressed
concern and have told me they hope I'm getting good medical care and that
they are hopeful that modern medicine will continue to come up with better
treatments.  I have been open about my pd diagnosis and written letters
that were published in the local and the Kansas City, Mo papers.  I have
found that for me, being honest and open about what is happening and asking
for support from others to encourage federal spending on pd research has
had positive effects in my own acceptance of this chronic disease.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/dx Nov 97