Thanks Bernie for some very wise words!  Even adult "kids" have trouble at
times accepting parents' illnesses, and how much harder it must be for the
younger folks!

Bernie wrote:
>Hi to all the children of PWP.
>
>A number of children have written to ask how to deal with their Dads and
>their reactions to the concerns of their children.
>
>As a Clinical and Social Psychologist, and a worker in the health field
>specializing in PWP and their families, I will offer some ideas, that maybe
>helpful. First, it is very important to keep in mind the many variables
>involved in such situations. Probably every one is very different, and
>their set of circumstances are equally varied. Age, Social Economic Status,
>Occupation, "Pre-morbid" Personality, Family Dynamics, Cultural Dynamics,
>and Community Programs, along with Personal Philosophical Belief Systems.
SNIPPED

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *     Ask  me about the  "CARE " list    *
           *     for caregivers of Parkinsonians   *