Peter sometimes "thaws" when asked to take a "big marching step" (knee
lifted high) or to sawy gently from side to side. Also, if I can get in
front of him, and have him put hands on my shoulders (from the rear) he can
usually follow me. Different things work for different people, obviously.

>For my dad, we can touch his hand or foot.  Sometimes a cue will work, ("Dad
>pick up your right foot.").  This may not work for all and it may not always
>work for Dad.
>Dad is 76 and was diagnosed 15 years ago.
>
>Glenda

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *     Ask  me about the  "CARE " list    *
           *     for caregivers of Parkinsonians   *