Mark Steiner said in part:

> 44, FORTY-FOUR??!!!
>
> WOW, ARE YOU OLD!!!

I think any of us who are over forty really think Mark must be YOUNG!!!
Anyone who is in the fourth decade of life knows the Life Begins at Forty
phrase has alot of truth to it. My favorite key ring is the one that says:
Old age and treachery will win over youth and vigor.

For instance:  It was after forty that our first child actually moved to
his own place and started to learn that yes, he could make it on his own.

It was after forty that I began to enjoy other people's pregnancies and
babies....so much easier than doing that again myself.

It was after forty that I realized what other people think about me really
doesn't bother me like it did before.

It was after forty that I started dreaming about what life without the day
to day responsibility of parenting might be like......wow, it could be alot
of fun.

So the point is, Mark.......old is in the mind of the beholder.  In my
mind, forty-four is certainly not old, only a four year stretch into the
Life Begins at Forty phase.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/dx Nov. 97