Hello group.This topic really is a sore point with me. I originally
came out in public in response to our local news paper editors
biased reporting on the pro-life platform. At one point he drew
the analogy of elderly pd'rs rubbing their hands together waiting
to create a frankenstein in their basements from murdered babies.
Why can't people see, the abortion issue and the fetal cell use
isue are two completely seperate questions. Stringent rules were
reccommended in the Royal Commission on new reproductive technology
that assured the decison to abort was not related in any way to the
subsequent decision to donate the fetus for research. I have mixed
emotions on the abortion issue, I see valid points on both sides.
I do find that inevitably the strongest pro-lifers seem to be a large
% of men. But I have very strong belief that using the cells that would
otherwise be flushed away cannot be sensibly questioned, when they
can be used to help fight horrrible diseseases such as ours.
One man's opinion
Bill