hi ali

At 10:03 1998/11/11 EST, you wrote:
>I keep reading stuff via the group about Hallucinations...
>why is this? I haven't read anything in the research about
>it. Is it a symptoms of PD? Which meds work best for it?
>Appreciate the info. Hope everyone is doing well.
>ALI
>(Newly diagnosed dad)

hallucinations and other 'non-physical' symptoms can be indicators

1. of pd
[i think approx. 1/3 of parkies have some form of dementia]

2. or of sensitivity to pd meds
[frequently from 'over-medication']

3. or of interaction between two or more meds
[slow titration and an eagle eye are called for here]

for those with wwweb access
there is a lot of info on these topics
in the pd list archive site maintained by simon coles at
http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/

as an example, go to the search window and enter the criteria:
psychosis AND paterson
to see several posting of mine
including some pubmed abstracts

disclaimer from this non-medico:
i am just a nosie parkie!

your [and your father's] cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51/41/37 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/