Larry Hoffheimer asked me to relay this message to you:

From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:26:52 EST

Dear Margot:
You are very correct about the fight to cure Parkinson's disease is "all
about people" I am sorring that this was not made more clear in the
release you referred to. Please be assured that the National Parkinson
Foundation recognizes the work of the grass roots and that is why it is
supporting the alliance as stated in the release. We have some of the
most dedicated people involved and welcome you to join in the final
battle for the cure..Without the dedicated activists like yourself and
the others, many of whom have formed the Parkinson Alliance, the Udall
Bill would not have become law and NIH would not be inclined to focus
more research attention of Parkinson's desease. The people in the
Parkinson's community have moved a major mountain that was blocking, or
at least slowing, the search for the cure.
Thank you for your observations.
Larry Hoffheimer
National Parkinson Foundation