Hi Bill ,

William Heitman wrote:

> It makes sense to me that any abortion past the point at which the fetus has
> functioning, differentiated neuronal tissue is killing a human being.

As a vet you know that is NOT possible to be a human being if it has NO brain...it
will not be possible to have or feel sensations of pain ,or pleasure , or any
other feeling a human being may have. If  it cannot be considered a human being
how can anybody be accused of a murder if it does abortion under these
circumstances ?!
The same would be to consider an egg as being a chicken .

Sure life too poses unimagined hard decisions : there are cases as you know in
which doctors have to decide to save the life of the unborn or of the mother in
some problematic pregnancy where this decision has to be made . Which side to take
?!

Nobody has the Final Truth of what and what not should be done as yet . So radical
positions may be erroneous .

Remember also that a few centuries ago the ones that then knew the Final Truth
decided to burn Galilee in bonfire because he believed that the sun were the
center of our planet's system and not the Earth..... and Darwin was scorned by
these people for defending that big apes and men have derived from the same
ancestor branch in the evolution of the animal species .

> However, insisting that the tissue from any legally aborted fetuses be flushed
> down a hospital drain or burned in an incinerator makes no sense.
> Rather, it insures that life was indeed wasted.

I do agree fully with your opinion about this .

Best wishes ,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+