In a message dated 11/12/98 5:15:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< OK Now LIST  WHAT DO YOU THINK THE LIMITS OF DEBATE ON THIS LIST SHOULD
 BE AND HOW SHOULD IT BE DETERMINED?

I don't think there is anything wrong with civil, thoughtful debate. But, as
Barb-- and I am sure you -- realize...abortion is not an easy debate topic.
There are immense emotions on both sides of the coin. I could easily find
myself getting very wrapped up and emotional about it...knowing that, I chose
not to read these posts. But, again, that 's my choice. I would consider it an
atrocity not to continue on with a debate that  members of the group were/are
enjoying. And, as Barb said, she had no intention of stopping the debate,
rather stopping an impending disaster. In accordance with that point of view,
I offer MHO:  I suggest you tread carefully before a small flicker becomes a
raging fire.