Don, I understand how you feel, but maybe a compromise?  Make a deal with the
doc, instead of a week, 3-4 days!  OR maybe they could do what they want if
you are an outpatient?  Waited until I could not walk on my foot, from a heel
spur, THEN I started to get help, First got pain stopped for a few days, THEN
got 90% cured by a podiatrist.  Every day is better, less pain, no more shots,
just a special orthotic in my shoes, and few minutes of exercise.  Sorry about
the boring details, but the result is a cure.  After 30 years of PD you
deserve to have less, or NO pain, RIGHT?  I don't think they'll ever make you
stay for a long time in the hospital, just keep chasing the nurses in your
cart!  Also, a good way to get out of hospital FAST: Tell them you are out of
MONEY!  Next thing you know: You'll be OUT of there!  LOL.  The last time I
was in a hospital, they closed the doors and made it into a COOKING SCHOOL!
No JOKE!  Check it out: It was the North Miami General Hospital and now is
Johnson and Wales University!  I think they took some of my liver and made
sandwiches!  LOL.  Whatever you decide, we'll all be here thinking and praying
for a quick trip home. Say HI to Vivian,  TTYL ,[log in to unmask]