I thought I posted this to the list last week but let me try again.

My father's neuro says there comes a point at which no drugs work and
the disease progresses.  Right now my father is restless, suffering
terribly.  He gets up during meals, eating as he leaves the table to
walk.  His walking is more like pacing.  I call it the heebee-geebees.
He agrees.  He says he cannot control himself.

We can certainly rivel Ivan's soap opera here.  I call what is being
done to the elderly in this country by the "healthcare" industry
population control.  Why do they want more people to live longer when
they don't want to care for the ones who have already lived longer?  The
only way it works is if you are not sick with anything.  My parents are
83 now.  My father's PD is getting very advanced, it seems and his neuro
says.  Yet, he walks even on his own at times, can still feed himself
mostly, can do many things.  But my father is miserable and depressed
and nothing seems to work.  He needs Halcion to sleep - nothing else
worked.  There are no Movement Disorder Clinics close enough to be of
help.  He has always been sensitive to drugs.

Now what?  Does he (do we) have to live in misery like this?  It is hard
to keep help (home health types)  because they seem to want either a
patient in a coma or one that is not sick.  Suggestions?

JH