Joan I respect that.  I would like to mention that SOME people think they are
following the 'rules and regulations" of a particular religion, and might be
surprised to find that there may be exceptions, and different interpretations
that could make a BIG difference.  A couple of examples: A Jew is not supposed
to eat pork products, HOWEVER, if he needs a valve from a pigs heart to
preserve his life, that is permissible.  Another point: Jehovah's Witnesses
are not supposed to receive a blood transfusion, but they CAN use an
artificial substitute for blood.  I am not sure about this one, but they MAY
be able to receive their OWN blood that has been stockpiled.  I also want to
say, that though I would be called "pro-choice", I am NOT pro-abortion.  I
just don't feel the government, or anyone other than our selves or our
relatives that we choose to, should dictate our medical treatment.  To assume
that we must check our brains at the door when we enter a house of worship, is
an affront to religion.  We may have our differences on this list, but we
should be proud of how well we usually get along.  [log in to unmask]