You mentioned your Mother wanting liquified food (moist).......

If she is being given a regular diet......could she possibly be handling
mechanically soft food better?  This is could be a regular diet but the foods
are ground, mashed, pureed or whatever so that she would not have to chew so
much.  My Mother was put on a "mechanically soft" foods when she entered the
nursing home a year ago (she eats almost nothing now, but her meals served in
the dining room (or on a tray in her room if she is not able to be out of bed)
are attractively presented, but the food does not require much chewing in
order to swallow.......

In the US this is "routine" food preparation for nursing homes/hospitals I
believe.....possibly a different term used in Canada........but the food does
not need to be cut with a knife, so if the patient can use a fork, spoon or
fingers (as in pieces of fruit or veggies) she/he can eat and swallow the
meal.  Think of it as what we do for our toddlers when they are learning to
feed themselves.

Rita