hi jh

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:35:47, you wrote:
>I thought I posted this to the list last week but let me try again.
>
>My father's neuro says there comes a point at which no drugs work and
>the disease progresses.  Right now my father is restless, suffering
>terribly.  He gets up during meals, eating as he leaves the table to
>walk.  His walking is more like pacing.  I call it the heebee-geebees.
>He agrees.  He says he cannot control himself.

this sounds like something that happens to me
when my meds are just 'kicking in'
if your father feels like this all the time,
maybe it's an indication of a slight overdose of levodopa?

>We can certainly rivel Ivan's soap opera here.  I call what is being
>done to the elderly in this country by the "healthcare" industry
>population control.  Why do they want more people to live longer when
>they don't want to care for the ones who have already lived longer?
>The only way it works is if you are not sick with anything.
>My parents are 83 now.  My father's PD is getting very advanced,
>it seems and his neuro says.  Yet, he walks even on his own at times,
>can still feed himself mostly, can do many things.  But my father is
>miserable and depressed and nothing seems to work.  He needs Halcion
>to sleep - nothing else worked.  There are no Movement Disorder Clinics
>close enough to be of help.  He has always been sensitive to drugs.
>
>Now what?  Does he (do we) have to live in misery like this?  It is
>hard to keep help (home health types)  because they seem to want either
>a patient in a coma or one that is not sick.  Suggestions?
>
>JH

how long has he had pd?
what med regime is he on?

if there is no movement disorder clinic nearby
how about going to one far away?
or
how about a second neuro opinion?
or at the very least
a fine tuning of your dad's med regime?

in re sex and gender issues
[hah! gotcha!]
i'm finally noticing that men seem to
have a hard time describing their symptoms in detail
or maybe it's a case of not even observing them

to all,
am i right? if so, why?

your cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51/41/37 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/