J. R. Bruman wrote:

> 1. Since you don't want dyskinesia from too much levodopa at one
> time,  ...  if you need a lot you must take it in small frequent
> doses.... What Tasmar does is greatly prolong the retention of
> levodopa so you need not take it so often.

With Tasmar I seem to have even more trouble than before achieving
the proper level of levodopa. They don't package sinemet (straight or
CR) in pills of the optimum "denominations" for use all by itself,
not mention use in conjunction with several other drugs like a COMT
inhibitor, an MAOB inhibitor and a dopamine agonist. And these all
have different effective durations.  So after starting the day with
dose 1 of everything, what and in what strength should you take
next, and when should you take it?  And then what do you take after
that? Not that I'm trying to determine all this and act accordingly,
but one would have to, taking meals into account as well, in order to
maintain the optimum proportions.  There are just too many variables
to juggle, especially as PD advances and that fateful "therapeutic
window" (the difference between a dose that is too small and one
that is too great) is closing.

So I now get dyskinesia without taking a lot of l-dopa, and, for some
reason, I don't know whether because of advancing PD or the drug
mix, for me the margin between too much and too little sinemet seems
even narrower.

BTW I appreciate your comments, Joe.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ