Hi SJS, Rita, et al,

        Susan and her mom live in Maple Ridge which is about a forty-five minute
drive to Vancouver General hospital. Her mom is currently in the Maple Ridge
hospital. She says that the hospitals are in a crisis in the whole province of
British Columbia and have closed beds all over the Province and there are

long waiting lists. The Doctors and Nurses are unhappy.
         There is a NPF  Center of Excellence at the University of British Columbia
(UBC) in Vancouver.   UBC  is about a 2 hour drive from Maple RIdge.  Anne
Rutherford says it is  "one of the best neurodegenerative disorders clinics in
Canada."!  She should contact Dr. Calne.  About a year ago Dr. Jon Stoessl,
who Judith Richards speaks highly of,  moved  from London, Ontario, and joined
Dr. Calne's program.  Bill Harrington says Susan  should probably  go through
Sharon Yardley.   Her direct (?) number is (604) 822-7818.
        Other numbers of interest are--
1)  (604) 822-7705 for support group information

 2) the BC Parkinsons disease Association

 411 Dunsmuir St  Third floor

 Vancouver BC V6B 1X4

 604 662-3240

 1 800 668 3330

3)  (604) 822-7660 is the main number for the Movement Disorder Clinic.

        I am trying to find an email address for the Dr. Calne on the net.  The home
page for UBC is  <http://www.ubc.edu>

        As skilled lobbyists and problem solvers, I think we can continue to work
together on helping Susan.

Regards to all,

Barbara Blake-Krebs in KS