Re Adult Children of PWP.

I seem to have a different feeling about parents and parenting.  Mu mother
died long before my PD and I long for her caring and gentle touch.   I don't
wish she knew about my condition now but it would have brought out the best
in both of us.  Her greatest joy and my greatest solice was always when we
could do anything for each other.   Her caring went much further than just her
family.  She was not educated beyond high school but her wisdom to me was
awesome.  My greatest regret with PD is that it somewhat limited my patterning
my life after hers.  She used to say you only have what you give. I never
quiet knew what she meant by that until after she was gone and even to this
day I hear what a difference she made in peoples lives, some I didn't know and
much of what she did NO one knew.

Before she died, when she was in a Nursing Home, she took care of all the old
people -  She was older than most of them and not well herself.  We made the
200 mile trip 4 or 5 times a week in the middle of starting a new business and
she never said don't come so often.  Somehow she knew I needed to do it and
she wanted ME to have what I  could give.  I am so glad now that we did that
as I cherish knowing she wanted us with her even tho she lacked for nothing in
her care at the home.   My sister was Administrator.

Sorry - Didn't mean to go on so long.  I guess after all these years I still
miss her.