Thanks to everyone for respecting my choice no to become involved in the
discussions about abortion. Please understand that I do indeed, read &
think about everything that is written. I just don't feel adequately
equipped to address this highly emotional issue. I do, however, agree
with Ken about checking our brains when we enter our chosen place of
worship. It is my feeling that anyone can be brainlessly religious; but
those of us who have been seekers (scientology, B'hai-to name a few that
I looked into) & who have been graduated from the school of hard knocks
(mostly self-inflicted) & who have reached their beliefs thru true
reflection & soul-searching have indeed found something to hang onto. It
has never been my intention to in any way be "holier-than-thou" about
anything...something about glass houses!
Now, about parents-my mom, for instance...I deeply love & care about my
mommy!
She is my best friend & I couldn't do it without her. What my family
went thru with my dad & Alzheimer's actually made us all stronger in our
love for each other. The reasons that sometimes I find it hard to accept
her help are so very complex but I think that if I ever let myself drown
in her uncompromising, unquestioning love, I would be so content to
allow myself to being cared for that i would never try to do anything
for myself again. People ask me why I push myself to do as much as I do.
Is it because that I'm scared to death that if I stop I will never go
again? Love,  j