Being on the digest sometimes make it hard to discuss what
is the current topic on the Net.  If this is a mute point, please
forgive me.

As a librarian I was positively amazed how long (in years) ,that
fetal tissue research has been going on, and even more amazed
exactly what has been accomplished from such research.

The only thing I can remember off the top of my head is that the first
Polio vaccine was derived from fetal tissue research, so all of us
 who have never had to suffer with Polio, have been recipients
of the wonderful things derived from fetal tissue research.

I'm not going to be back to work for a few days, but if there is an
 interest among the group as to what has been
accomplished from fetal tissue research I will look it up.
 I can download some of this information, put it in Word Perfect,
copy and paste it to my Eudora mailer and send it to the Net.
EUREKA!!! No attachments!!!!

We eat at  Applebee's Restaurant a lot, and one of our favorite
servers was killed in a car accident last night.  His parents
donated organs, Shawn would have wanted to be re-cycled.
I found it easier to accept the death of a 19 year old when I
realize that a part of him will continue to live.   However,
I realize also that this would be against some persons religion,
so again I'm just speaking for myself.
IMOHO, I think this re-cycling is important, and wish I had something worth
donating myself,  alas,  I think I've worn out everything.

As Ever,
Marjorie
just another librarian with PD
66/10