Hi,

My mom ( Jane ) has been deterioating every day. She had a cat scan done of
her brain today and it turned out normal. The Doctors now think that it is
her Parkinson's that has suddenly gotten worse. And that it sometimes
happens with some people. Day by day she is going down. Tonite our family
Doctor phoned to tell me those cat scan results and told me that they have
decided to put in a feeding tube ( nose ). This morning they put in an IV.
They are upping her sinemet 200/50 ( 1/2 tablet 3 times a day ? ). They
have taken mom off Artane. If the sinemet doesn't work they will try
amantidine. Mom doesn't even know where she is anymore. She didn't
recognise a friend last night who came to see her. Physically she is so
weak she can no longer move, her tremor is bad and she is soooo rigid, and
she is very drowsey. Mom is now acute and I don't know if she will even be
alive in a few days.

Our Doctor is talking about mom's living will and if I will be able to come
to the hospital at night if the time comes ( I'm in a wheelchair ).

Is there any hope for my mom? She had trouble with most of the Parkinson's
drugs including requip.

Take care

Bye for now

Susan