BarbaraP,

...unless the Canadian is referring to 'May two-four
>weekend' which is the weekend nearest May 24 (Queen Victoria's birthday)
>which is a long weekend in Canada (during which many two-four's are
>consumed).  Are we the only country that still celebrates this?

I suspect so Barbara.  Hate to tell you guys this but the lady has been dead
nearly a hundred years.  Mind you I admit that should not be a reason for
stop a perfectly good excuse for consuming a couple of two-fours (or as we
say in this bit of Oz - sinking a slab or two)

Dennis