My mother was diagnosed with PD when she was 41 in 1965. She started
taking L-Dopa in 1968 or 1969 whenever it originally came out.  Today
she is basically bed-ridden and very rarely seems to know where she is.
She sleeps the majority of the time.  Her doctor prescribed Tasmar last
week, and she takes one tablet in the morning and at night.  My daddy,
her primary caregiver, said that she might be doing a little better
during the day but is just lifeless at night.  Her doctor did not lower
her dosage of Sinemet (she takes the time release pill).  She also takes
Artane.  Mother is very sensitive to medicine and has been unable to
tolerate any of the new medications that has come out in the last few
years. Has anyone seen a big improvement using Tasmar-especially very
long term patients?

Also, Mother cannot swallow pills very well, so we try to crush up most
of them.  Does anyone crush the Tasmar?

Jayne Bonner