RE: My poem  "A Tough Question". I'm glad you liked it.
RE: Publishing it. I am presently working on a book with
my great friend Lillian Dyck. We had a book/portfolio
pulbished by a fellow in Texas. It combined some of our
pieces of my poetry and Lillian's art. It came out quite
impressive but at a cost of over $300 US! to print, it
comes in a leather binder, has matted pieces ready for
framing if desired.
He doesn't feel it is marketable, we agree. Thus less
than 20 have been produced.
What we want is to put out a quality book, while keeping
it affordable for Parkies and the general public. It will
feature poems and pictures of the actual paintings from
our exhibit. Did  I mention our exhibit? Well, a few years
ago Lil and I put together an exhibit of art and poetry
we named "With Parkinson's, Dont order the soup" As the
title implies there is some humour but it also takes an
honst look at the devastating emotional aspects of the
disease.
From opening night on, our exhbit was successfull beyond
out wildest dreams. It and we travelled to progressively
larger and more prestigous galleries. We were featured in
local and regional than provincial news features in both
newsapers and tv. We were on Morningside CBC radio, Peter
Gzowski hosted.
Everywhere we went we were asked about a book. So we found
a publisher but after several months artisicc differences
caused a rift.  Then the project was put on hold as I went
through  my seperation. We finally got it rolling again
and were ready for the final draft from our writer of the
narrative and I disagreed over copywright and that was that.
So here we sit, with the finished product virtually completed
but back to square one as far as a pubisher.
FRUSTRATION, to have to reestablish the feasibility and the
importance of the project to a whole new publisher, we are
trying but it is difficult to find the right co.
Our guests have lists of people saying how profoundly they
were affected by our work, wanting to thank us, purchase
a book.
The first time, I was hugged by a man in tears saying our
pieces on my attempted suicide and later return to faith
had made him change his mind about ending his life; that
hug was more of an achievement than any work I've ever
done in my whole life.
Wow, I've rambled on!  For once the juices are flowing
and the words pour out. From a simple thank you this
has turned into me pouring out my heart.
It's just I'm going through a tough time right now.
I'm alone in a big city in a small group home, far from
friends and family, battling to stay out of the hospital.
Also having vowed to quit gambling as I am an addict, it is
my second disease. It has left me ready to declare bankruptcy
as my only umiliating alternative. I went public and appeared
in the Victoria paper in a article about obsessive gambling that
was picked and ran in places as far away as Toronto and my home
town the Soo, Sault STe. Marie. Now the pressure...
Now, I'm not sure I should send this, I just was touched by the
response to Ivan's dilemma (been there, done that). My health
is slipping, I'm not sure if its the flu or my meds need changing
again. I can't get a second Pallidotomy or DBS and I am sosick
of pills!!
I am just realizing that I will likely be sick, poor and alone
the rest of my life and my dream of leaving a legacy behind me,
a book that wou