Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:55:03 -0600
From: Nita Andres <[log in to unmask]>
To: Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: update

Susan, I am so sorry. There is nothing I can offer I am afraid, except why do
you have to go to the hospital. My mother had a living will, meaning no
resuscitation, I was in another city and another relative was with her. We were
able to handle it by phone with a 3 way hook up, me, the relative and the
doctor with someone listening in to be sure of what was said (and recorded).
This is a sad situation and for some reason she got better for a little while.
This is not an easy decision, but you mother, through her living will, has told
you what she wants.  This sounds calloused, but do what she asks. I had just
seen my mother when she died, although I was then checking in to a motel. I did
not go back. I saw her two days later at the funeral. Sounds awful, I know, but
it was what  she wanted and she was right.  This has happened with both of my
parents. I was present when my father died and he told me good by. so did my
mother (I don't think she knew it, she just knew me)  My presence was not
necessary. I hope my children honor  my wishes and believe the will. Love, Nita

--------------F7EE35F7777DEB75D4396C17--