Charlie,

>Yes it sounded like I meant that  the definition for being human included
>usefulness to society and clearly I don't believe that.

Thanks for the clarification, I would have been surprised indeed if you had
meant it as written.

I agree that the abortion issue is not a true PD topic as it has no direct
impact on the issue of stem - cell research (Bob Martone's posting
"pro -life and Foetal Tissue research" would seem to me to cover that
argument comprehensively, so I'll tack on a "me too" and leave it at that).
However, I would very much like to continue our exchange of views on the
abortion issue so, unless you indicate to the contrary, I will contact you
off list in a couple of days or so.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 49/onset 32 /dx 37

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to be a perfect tile upon the housetop."

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/