Dear LIstmembers,

  Out of the horrific three-week ordeal I have just gone through emerges,
in my humble opinion, the central, unmet challenge that many PWP's like
me also face: our continuous VULNERABILITY TO INSTITUTIONALIZATION if we
are single and living either on social security or low-income, and
lacking adequate support.

   I represent a huge class of people with Parkinson's.  How do we find
adequate caregiver funds?
   Where are the corporate programs and foundations that could support
salaries for caregivers?
    How do we access these funds, or public funds like Medicaid, so that
we can pay caregivers to come to our apartments or homes, and avoid
institutionalization due to lack of accessible care providers?

  IF you happen to be low-income, you are always in danger.

 Ivan Suzman        48/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      deg. F   :-)