I must also beg to differ once again with some of these "snake-oil" attacks
on people's characters.  Frankly, I do not include myself amongst any sort
of list "police" groups, of any sort.  I am all for critical thinking and
investigating all claims made here, but that  means ALL claims made.  I do
sense an overwhelming bias against alternative treatments and sometimes
docile, almost mindless acceptance of ideas and treatments either proposed
or endorsed by standard western medical experts.  No one seems to go after
any of  the traditional western MD's or pharmaceutical companies with the
same zealousness reserved for those who ideas or proposed treatments are
more on the fringe.  I have seen lists of drugs posted here many times,
sometimes with info making it clear that there's a profit motive involved,
sometimes not.  I do not think either side's motives are any more nor any
less good/bad or selfish/unselfish.

Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe some of these people got into the
promotion of certain products for profit, only after having used them
themselves, or having seen them used for others that they know.  Personally,
I think combining the ability to make some money, ALONG WITH a product in
which one believes completely, is a wonderful combination.  For instance,
down the road, I've thought of also combining my environmental interests
with a business.  That might include alternatives to traditional  pest
control, alternative medicines, nutritional supplements, etc.  I would be
VERY offended, to say the least, if perhaps I were able to cure myself of PD
via nutritional supplements and diet, and then had people attacking my
character and motives later if I then decided to share this which had worked
for me with others for a profit.  If I found a vitamin/herb treatment
program that worked for me, I'd love to just give it away, but since I'm not
Bill Gates, I could hardly afford to do that.  Thus self-interest comes into
play too out of necessity.  People should make their profit-making
intentions clear, I agree.  To be consistent then, there should also be alot
more policing of the doctors, drug companies, and ALL OTHER groups who post
here.

I also take issue that when there are possible personal/corporate gains to
be made on something alternative, that self-interest automatically also
confers upon the product the label of snake-oil.  Every drug or treatment
ever discussed here would fall into that category, if profit alone is the
criteria.

Again, as I said above, and on an earlier post, not only might this person
truly believe in this product due to personal experience, but also, they may
have some very altruistic plans for those profits.  Any business that I
undertake would be something that was in line with my personal
interests/issues, and also the profits I received would not only support me,
but also help me to even further support those same issues.

So, let's all maintain both critical and open minds.  They are not mutually
exclusive.  There are also ways to challenge someone without attacking their
integrity and motives, especially prematurely.  Let's also make sure this
critical analysis and investigation is applied equally all-around.  And
finally, let's avoid reducing issues to cliches like "snake-oil", etc.

Wendy Tebay