Hilary, Ivan and group

Hilary,  your idea about establishing group homes  is a wonderful idea. I
think we've all been affected by Ivan's plight, and also realize that
this is a problem that many others are certainly facing now, and will
face in  future. For some an informal arrangement might work best, but
others might not have the contacts or resources to do this themselves. We
have a number of Parkinson's organizations in the U.S.  - could this be a
project one of them could undertake - establishing or assisting in
establishing group homes for PWP throughout the country -  starting in
Maine? How about the Parkinson's Alliance sponsoring such a project?

        This morning I did a quick check for articles on any existing programs -
and found information on group homes for disabled children,  troubled
teens, the aged, recovering drug addicts, etc. - but nothing for PWP.
Also found a number of Web sites under Yahoo - Society and Culture -
Disabilities - Independent Living. I didn't have time this morning to
read through all of them but these are two possibilities for ideas:

C.H.A.M.P.I.O.N.S. - an independent living program for people with
disabilities in Floride    http://www.gdi.net/~fritsb/index.html

Alpha-One - a disability rights organization in Maine - Ivan have you
heard of this one?    www.alpha-one.org/index.html   Phone #
1-207-767-2189

        With all the support from people on this list, and some help from one of
our organizations I think this is something we could really accomplish.
Any other thoughts?

Linda Herman