Don't get me wrong everybody.  I agree that people should perhaps be
confronted at times.  It's the manner in which it's being done that offends
me personally.  Like I said, I appreciate Janet's work in following up on
alot of these claims, however, I would appreciate only being supplied with
the relevant information, such as the web site address in this case where
the products are supposedly being sold.  I prefer to rely on my own
judgement rather than someone else's interpretation of the facts.  Whether
Janet or someone else decides to follow through on these things, I think it
would be appropriate simply to voice one's concerns in a general manner,
give the evidence found that supports them, and that would be enough.  I
really don't think it's necessary to try to publically humiliate people in
this manner.  If their intentions are in doubt, the very fact that the
evidence was given public display should discourage them.  If their
intentions are more honorable, then they will hang in there, if they are not
so rudely welcomed to the list.

There are also ways to confront people without resorting to the sort of
behavior that I've been seeing.   It's one thing to dispute someone's
claims, but I think it's another thing altogether to presume to know their
motives and integrity and to attack them in this manner.  I don't know, but
to me it seems like how kids argue something, "So you SAY that this is true,
well PROVE it to me," etc.   Some of the questions being asked are none of
our business, frankly, and some of them can't be proven as is being
demanded.

It  also seems to me as tho' opinion was already been biased against the
person before they were ever exposed.    The questioning, by the way it's
being presented, is being done from a tone which already presumes  the
person's guilt and really leaves no room open for this person to prove
otherwise, no matter how they respond.  It seems to me that no matter they
reply, it'll be unacceptable.  One can confront without prejudging the
answers to be received.

Besides, there's alot of crap out there, pesticides, household chemicals,
drugs, junk food, etc., that we all pay alot of money for, and which is ten
times more dangerous to our health, and in some ways more.  Because it's so
widespread and so accepted, people rarely question its use or the motives of
the companies who manufacture this stuff, etc.  I personally feel very
strongly about the use of pesticides.  They are probably more of a threat to
us all who are prone to PD, that alot of other things.  I don't see too many
people attacking the chemical companies with this same vigor as they go for
"snake-oil" salesmen.  It was also said that sometimes individuals get the
brunt of the attacks rather than the big companies, cuz at least we know
where we can go if we  have a beef with a big company and probably be
compensated, whereas we probably can't with an individual.  To an extent
this is true, but not completely.  Sometimes people won't take on industries
like the pesticide industry, because it is so entrenched.  Some of these
industries have even tried sueing anyone who speaks out against them in
order to shut them up (take Oprah and the beef industry for example, altho'
there are many more relevant examples too).

So, just as an investigative newspaper reporter would follow up on some
disputed issue and supposedly present the facts without drawing conclusions,
I feel that this is the way these issues should also be handled.  All we
need is the relevant info found in the investigation, and we can then all
make up our own minds in an unbiased manner.

Wendy Tebay