From: Nita Andres [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 1998 6:48 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject: Genetic PD

I do not know for sure, because the gene has not been found (or this
one-). My husband and late brother in law both have/had it. My mother in
laws family did not escape Russia (from the Czars) so we don't know. It
would be very unusual for two brothers to get it from some environmental
source since there was 8 years difference in their ages. I have entered
my kids and nieces and nephews into a study. I don't think that phase of
the study is still active. I will write them and see what is happening
a little later. The study group certainly wanted them and there was no
charge. If it is still open I will post it. complete with address and
phone number. If  any one knows of other studies, I would like to know.
Nita