I think we have got to debate the fetal tissue/abortion issue on the list.

Rightly or wrongly, when a press release goes out saying "Hopeful treatment
for Parkinson's involes fetal tissue", we're into some sticky medical
ethics discussions.

We, people with an interest in Parkinson's, need to be able to have an
educated debate about this with our legislators, doctors, friends, family,
and donors.

If start that debate now, amongst ourselves, we will be better equipped to
make sure "the world" doesn't do something against our interests because
"the world" misuderstand what's involved, and what the benefits are.

I personally have learnt a lot so far about the different opinions around
the pro choice/pro life issue, and how it involves Parkinson's treatments.

I'd welcome a calm and respectful debate (which I think we are capable of
having), and that will help us influence that debate with the wider public.

Dennis Greene's criteria are excellent tools to help us BTW.....

Simon
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============