Thanks Carole, the study I was referring to was being done at Colombia
Presbyterian Medical  Center.( the one I was able to get my kids into) My
husband and his late brother has/had  late onset PD. I won't be around when my
kids are old enough to have such late onset and being a nurse married to a
physician I am interested  in any other studies still open. Some are bound to
turn up.
I knew about the Contursi family, but was not sure where it was done.  It was
someone else whose doctor said "not genetic, but runs in families" I can't
remember who it was, but on the face of it, that is silly. Many genetic diseases
pop up now and then and and as you know others follow other paths. I  just want
to do every thing I can do.

My husband has a cousin who worked  (still does)  at the NIH, I assumed that he
would look, but maybe I should call him. It is a big place. My daughter in
Baltimore trys to keep up, but everyone works. We are all ALMOST sure that it
came from my mother-in -law's  family,  but the descendants of my fathers in
laws brothers are reaching the right age. I try (unsuccessfully) to not be too
obvious  about watching every move and or tremor. They tolerate me watching,
really nice people. Maybe even that is unusual, to love your in-laws so much-all
of them.

Back to PD if you know or hear of  other studies please let me know. Who knows
what will pop up.
I found the one we are in on the list, but the coordinator has changed jobs and
from what I can understand (not easy ,Texas english and New York english.) they
are now looking at other aspects of PD. Anyway , I will write them and avoid
accents.  Thank you again, Nita