i am herewith responding to a private one via the list:

From: "Edward W Raasch Jr" <[log in to unmask]>
At 10:34 1998/11/16 -0600, you wrote:
>  Why do you insist on sharing your childish anger with this list.
>  The paste below is a perfect example of an item that you could
>  have sent directly to Wendy.
>
>Subject:  Re: New to the list / i smell a rat trapped
>hi wendy
>At 23:25 1998/11/15 -0700, you wrote:
>>Everyone, please refrain from personal attacks, sarcasm,
>>biased policing, etc.  There is room here to both present
>>one's opinions, even if one stands to profit, and to challenge
>>another's, without resorting to name-calling and similar tactics.
>
>how ironic!
>your statement requesting a certain mode of behaviour on the list
>is your own form of 'policing'
>....[etc]

i regret that anyone views my actions as 'childish'
i definitely do not share your views

i also feel no 'anger' at all
in re david oller's actions i only feel sadness
and i regret that you choose to interpret my actions as anger-based

i also regret that you chose to vent your obvious anger at me in private
that is what the list is for, as far as i am concerned
i see no reason for this topic to be discussed off-list

the internet
and the uses and abuses of it
are absolutely central to how we function as a cyber-family

your cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51/41/37 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/