As an example of what I said, folks, here's a letter I
just received from a newcomer to this list:

"I just joined the list today and am really disgusted.
I am a
long-time Internet user, probably much longer than
most, and I just
don't have a lot of patience for in-fighting on lists.
I have no idea
what the combatants are arguing about, and haven't the
least interest
in finding out. Now that you have asked for order I
will stick around
for a while to see if things calm down. Thanks."

As per request, the name is being withheld.

We go through these spasms about three times a year,
but I have NEVER seen an attack as ugly as this. This
list just finished being extremely helpful to one
member and I have no doubt that it will do the same
whenever anyone else says they need help. I think the
keyword here is SUPPORT.

I consider Janet to be a friend, yet even my worst
enemy does not deserve what she received. Isn't it time
to get into the Holiday Spirit?

Jerry

--
Habitat for Horses - Help us save the horses! Go to:
http://www.eyegive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=3507&MID=27440